Dr Alice C. Hunsberger
Related Site Content
- “The Poetics of Nasir Khusraw in Classical Persian Literature”
- “Esoteric Dimensions of Knowledge and Intellect in Early Persian Philosophy”
- “Reason in Philosophical Shi‘ism: Ismaili and Imami Aspects”
- “The Philosophical Context of Nasir Khusraw’s Concept of Faith and Reason”
- “Civil Society in a Secular World: The Comfort of Moral Reasoning”
Dr Hunsberger received her doctorate in Middle East Languages and Cultures from Columbia University in 1992, specialising in Persian and Arabic literatures. She has taught courses dealing with aspects of Islam as well as on the history of science at various universities in Iran and the USA, including Arya Mehr University of Technology in Isfahan, Iran and Hunter College, The City University of New York. Dr Hunsberger is the author of Nasir Khusraw, The Ruby of Badakhshan: A Portrait of the Persian Poet, Traveller and Scholar (London, 2000), and has contributed numerous papers to academic conferences and journals. Dr Hunsberger was a Visiting Research Fellow at The Institute of Ismaili Studies from 1999-2001.