Additions to the Site: 2004
News story about the latest publications supported by the Institute and published by I.B. Tauris: Islamic Thought in the Twentieth Century, edited by Suha Taji-Farouki and Basheer M. Nafi.
Story about ten students from four countries who were accepted into the Institute’s Graduate Programme in Islamic Studies and Humanities (the Class of 2007).
- News story about Institute scholars participating in the 37th Congress of the International Congress of Asian and North African Studies.
News story about the Institute's Third ‘Summer Programme on Islam’ at the University of Cambridge.
- News story about A ‘Historical Atlas of Islam’ by Dr. Malise Ruthven in collaboration with Professor Azim Nanji.
- News story about The Institute’s first book in the Qur’anic Studies Series: Modern Muslim Intellectuals and the Qur’an, edited by Dr Suha Taji-Farouki
- Convocation Address by His Highness the Aga Khan to Graduates of the Ontario Institute for Studies in Education, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Story about the IIS as Co-Sponsor of and participator in the International Conference on Classical Arabic Philosophy
- Story about the IIS Hosting the 2004 Shi‘i Studies Symposium.
- Story about a series of keynote lectures at important research centres in Lahore, Kuala Lampur and Amman by Reza Shah-Kazemi, Research Associate at The Institute of Ismaili Studies
- Story about the second IIS Film Festival: Representing Islam and Exploring Muslim Cinemas
- New Academic article: ‘Religious Pluralism in Egypt: The Ahl al-kitab in Early Fatimid Times’ by Shainool Jiwa.