The Institute’s global alumni body now consists of more than 670 graduates who are dispersed across the world. They are supported in their continuing professional and academic development through the IIS’ Alumni Relations Unit. STEP graduates will also be UCL and SOAS alumni.
Our Alumni Association offers our graduates a number of benefits, including:
• Leadership opportunities to become a regional President or Secretary for the Alumni Chapter Groups in Asia, Europe or North America
• Access to the Aga Khan Centre including to the Aga Khan Library, London
• Access to global job opportunities and events as well as the international alumni directory via the IIS Alumni online Community Portal
• Access to funding for research, publishing monographs and articles, conferences, and courses supporting research activities up to £1,000
• Professional development and networking opportunities at Annual Chapter Group meetings, Alumni Lecture Series, and Local Meet & Greet events
• Publishing articles in the annual Alumni Newsletter which features academic and professional contributions of IIS alumni and much more
• Becoming an alumni mentor to current IIS students and new graduates through the IIS Alumni Mentorship Programme.
A range of Continuing Professional Development initiatives are in place for the STEP graduates, enabling them to enhance their skills and capabilities. As the STEP initiative takes root in different countries across the world, many opportunities for teacher exchange will emerge, offering international experience as well as facilitating knowledge-transfer across cultures. Further, with the growing network of Aga Khan Academies and partnerships with schools operated by the Aga Khan Education Services, graduates of STEP will have opportunities in the coming years to teach beyond the religious education system, contributing to the education of secondary students in the wider community.