2. What were the circumstances which prompted Nasir Khusraw’s journey to Cairo and conversion to the Ismaili way of Islam?
3. What is distinctive about Nasir Khusraw’s Safarnama as compared to the travelogues written by his contemporaries?
4. Your book provides readers with a good account of Ismaili thought during the Fatimid period. What do you think are the more interesting aspects of Nasir Khusraw’s philosophy?
5. Nasir Khusraw placed a lot of importance on knowledge and each person’s duty to strive to attain it. How did he convey this in his poetry and philosophical writings?
6. An important theme in your book is the way in which Nasir Khusraw’s inner life was manifested in his external life. How does this impact his writing?